Thursday, August 20, 2026

WOW! How is it the middle of August already?

 I have no idea where this month has gone.  But, I did get some projects moved along.

First, I had a kit from a quilt store in NJ for a pop up container using a portion of a quilt lady panel.  There were limited directions….I’m guessing because of copyright issues….for the size that was in the kit.  However the kit included the pattern for the Fat Quarter Pop Up and the directions said to follow that pattern.

Here’s what I made:


Here is the pattern that I was working from:


It was a fun project and was the August project of the month.  I am following along with The Quilted Forest on YouTube with projects. I’m doing pretty well with completing things.  Unfortunately, the projects that are coming up are more intense….namely kits that I haven’t started yet. And the projects are bigger. Guess I will be busy as the year progresses.

I am also doing, as previously mentioned, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge through the Sew Scrappy blog. The color for August was yellow.

Here is my Traffic Jam block (this is a free pattern from Pat Sloan) with a twist:




If you enlarge you can see it better….but instead of a four patch in the center I have a single square of a bird. I thought it looked pretty and since the background was yellow I went for it.

The other yellow block that I did was the Twirling at the Disco block, but it’s not sewn together yet.

Since these blocks are large I’m not sure how many more I will be making.

I have a scrappy courthouse steps quilt in progress for the full size guest bed and I have an idea for a quilt for the twin sized guest bed so these Twirling blocks may go into a charity quilt.

The other thing that I did this month was to start posting videos to my YouTube channel.  It’s been fun, and it is a good way for me to show my friends in New Jersey and Pennsylvania what I have been working on.  It would be fun if I get others interested in what I have to say and show.

If you are interested my channel name is Stitching with Sherry V, just like the name of my blog.

I hope you are having a wonderful day and are staying quilty!

Sherry V







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW! How is it the middle of August already?

 I have no idea where this month has gone.  But, I did get some projects moved along. First, I had a kit from a quilt store in NJ for a pop ...