Books and yarn

 Well I have started out 2024 pretty well.

I completed this shawl that I found while unpacking boxes.  I have no idea when I started it, but it is completed now…except for hiding the yarn joins.  I am keeping this one for me.


I have also been getting in a bit of reading time.  I have completed two books so far…..



This is a cozy murder mystery where the heroine is a cookie shop owner.  I found it easy reading and liked the character development.  This book also had a novella in the back that was a quick 111 page read.

The other thing that I really enjoyed is that there were recipes sprinkled throughout the book.  I copied several of them to try before Christmas so that I may be able to put more variety into my cookie tin gifts for friends and family.

The librarian at my local library said that she has a friend that has read the series and made several recipes.  It seems that she was happy with the results.



This was the first book I read, all in one day.  The writing style was very enjoyable.  It is about a group of women that knit at a church and how they are going through struggles and try to help each other.

There were a lot of characters to keep track of and in the beginning I had a little bit of trouble keeping them all straight….but it all worked out.

There was a knitted shawl pattern included in the book that seemed to be good for beginners and/or more experienced stitchers that want a “mindless” project.


I would definitely recommend both books.

I have taken out two other books from the library and started an audiobook so there should be more reviews soon.

Take care,

Sherry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my, where has the time gone?

It has been quite a while…..

Welcome to my blog