More books read

 Well I have been doing more reading…..just finished this book today



I really enjoy the Elm Creek Quilts series and wish that there were more; however, I understand that as an author you can’t put all your eggs in one basket.

I have read a number of Jennifer Chiaverini’s other novels and have found them enjoyable so I can recommend her to other readers.

I also “read” this book this month.  I took the audio book out of my “virtual” library and listened to it while I was working on organizing some of my scrap fabric.


I enjoyed the beginning of the book….but it seemed to take forever to go anywhere and by the time the murderer was revealed I was about ready to give up.

I know that authors sometimes let their personal feelings out on the pages of their books….and most times I am able to get past them.  However, with this book the social commentary was just a bit too over the top for me.  I read for enjoyment…..and I don’t think I will be searching out any additional books written by this author.

On the plus side, the reader was extremely good.  As the story is based in Europe it was great to have a corresponding accent…..and the Gaelic was wonderful to listen to.

Here’s a cute picture to share

My husband was in the basement doing some work and our two dogs wanted to keep tabs on both of us.  So they had their backs to me watching down the steps to make sure they did not miss anything.

Other than reading I have been doing some crochet for our library’s charity group.  Didn’t take any pictures of the last batch of donated items….will have to post the new stuff once I get a bit more done.

Tomorrow is the start of a new month…. I can’t believe that we have gone through a month already!

Take care,

Sherry V






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my, where has the time gone?

It has been quite a while…..

Welcome to my blog