Sewing and more reading

 Since my last post my husband finished painting the basement floor on my side so we were able to start setting up my sewing studio.  I’ll show pictures once it is a bit more finished.

Here is a pillowcase that I made.  My brother in law likes Florida sports teams.  So when I went on a FART (fabric acquisition road trip) with several of the ladies from my guild I found this fabric for the Florida Gators.  I thought it was fun and tried to reach my sister to see if she thought it would work.

I didn’t hear back from her until after I had the fabric cut……Gators is one Florida team that is not liked! LOL

So, brother in law won’t be getting this…..it might go to my husband’s grandson (he lives in Florida).

As for the rest of the Gators fabric……well it will probably go into a charity quilt.

I don’t know if you can see it when zooming in on the picture, but the accent band has the word, touchdown, on it repeatedly.  I thought it was a fun touch.


Out guild had a class for making X and + sign blocks.  I wasn’t able to attend the class due to a bad back.  But since I had the directions I started them on my own.

So far I have four blocks done.  I am thinking that I will make 20 blocks for a nice size lap throw.



I am a member of the StashBee swap group this year.  The block for March was a log cabin variation.  Here’s the block that I sent out.  This was a fun block and I may put it on my “to do” list.

It seems like it would be a great way to use up scraps.



I am still reading up a storm.  I’ve finished three books since my last post.
All of them are from authors that I have read this year…two more from Joanne Fluke (I’m up to book 9 in the Hannah Swenson series); and one from Barbara Bretton.

I have enjoyed these books as well.




I was also notified that I won something through the Villa Rosa Designs blog hop…..AND….. I have two entries for one of the Grand Prizes!  How exciting is that!?

Have a great day and a blessed Easter tomorrow,

Sherry V





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my, where has the time gone?

It has been quite a while…..

Welcome to my blog