WOW, April just flew by!

 April was a pretty busy month…..hence no blog post.

Part of my month was spent in Cadiz, KY attending the AQS Paducah quilt show.

It was the first time for both hubby and I and the quilts were drop dead gorgeous.  I don’t have any pictures, but you can check out YouTube for videos from the show.


I did get to Hancock’s the day before the show started. Oh my goodness……so much fabric!  We wandered around the store and did pick up some pieces….mainly “junk food” fabric for me and truck and farm fabric for hubby.  I want to make a “junk food” quilt as a contrast to the fruit and veggies quilt that I made for hubby.


We also went to the National Quilt Museum.  Again, this was a first for both of us.  There was an exhibit of quilts made by “the quilting astronaut “, Karen Nyberg, that was really interesting.  

The gift shop had several patterns that she designed available for purchase.  I was tempted, but the one that was marked “beginner” level was appliqué….which I am not a fan of. And the other patterns didn’t interest me.

But I did get a magnet and a book from the gift shop.  The book is a murder mystery, Quilt City: Panic in Paducah, by Bruce Leonard.  He was there and was signing his books.


I didn’t realize that I had gotten the 2nd book in the series until I got home.  But, luckily, my library has the first book, Quilt City Murders, and I am waiting to read that one before I start the one I bought.

He also has a cookbook….and we had a sample of one of the biscotti recipes and it was very tasty.

We also went on a train ride in Stearns, KY on the Big South Fork Scenic Railroad.  Here is a picture from their website:



The history of the area was very interesting and it was a nice ride.

After the train we visited the museum there and several of the little shops.

 
There was a Sinclair gas station near where we stayed and I had to take a picture of the dinosaur 


There were several antique shops in Cadiz and while we were walking through the town there were painted piggies everywhere! So, of course, pictures of some of them had to be taken.






I’d also done a fair amount of reading in April….




This was the next book in the series from Barbara Bretton.  It was a fun read and I have the next book in the series to start reading this month.


This is the ninth book in the series….and I am glad that I have gotten the books in order now.  It was a bit weird with the books I read out of sequence because events were happening that I hadn’t gotten the “backstory” of yet. Again, I am really enjoying this series and will continue it.



This was an audio book that I got through my library.  I had seen it hyped up somewhere and I thought it might be a good alternative to the books I have been reading lately.

I can’t say I liked it and I can’t say that I didn’t like it.  It was okay.  The writing seemed good….at least from hearing it.  I was a little put off from the main character right from the beginning because of his description of himself. 

This is the first of a series but I’m not sure that I will be reading any of the others.


I had seen this book in one of the antique shops we stopped at but hadn’t purchased it. Once we were home I thought about it again and checked out the ebook from my library.

I vaguely remember this story, which is heartbreaking, from when it was going on.

It was a good read, and you definitely need tissues by the end.

The writing is very conversational, almost like she is talking to you.

I had worked with a Filipino woman and she had told me stories about the need for bribing to get things done so I understood that part of the story.

There was also some sewing done!
This is the block I sent for the April StashBee swap.  It was a fun block to make and I definitely have it on my bucket list for a scrap busting project.



This quilt top was turned in as a charity project for our guild.  The background and first border fabric was mine but everything else had come in a bag from the guild.

I think it came out pretty well.



So, that wraps up April. I’m not sure what I will be getting into for May.

Hope your days are fun filled.

Until next time,

Sherry V.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my, where has the time gone?

It has been quite a while…..

Welcome to my blog