It has been quite a while…..

 I hadn’t planned on taking such a long break from blogging…..but things have been a bit crazy.

A. In March 2020 I was “downsized” from the job that I had for almost 25 years.  Of course I think part of the issue was due to

B.  Covid 19 shut almost everything down.  So I was out of a job and had no real options of getting a job.

C.  In early 2021 I found another position.  It required on site work, which was fine.  But it felt surreal to be driving to work when there were so few cars on the roads.

D.  In November 2021 we broke ground for a new home.  We had purchased the property in 2019 without having a real plan of when we would move forward.  After Covid we decided to get “our ducks in a row” and move forward.

E.  There were issues with our builder, which I really don’t want to go into.  Suffice it to say that he walked off the job on May 31, 2023 without finishing the house.

After spending over four months living in our travel trailer we moved into the house….without a kitchen and without bathroom sinks.

We were able to complete the house and while there are still projects, like the unfinished basement, that need to be done we have been able to do some decorating for Christmas.

This is a blow up figure that we have had for years.  This is the first time we have used it.


I have gotten into baking….this is part of a log cookie called “church windows”.  It was fun to make and tasted really good.


This is the first time in a number of years that we decorated for Christmas.  2022 our decorations consisted of a single Santa figurine.  Luckily this years the dogs have not bothered the trains….too much. 

I also cooked my first meatloaf!  It was a Mr. Food recipe and it was also really good.


I also have been busy sewing….my quilt machine is still packed but I have made quite a number of quilt tops.  I also got involved with a knitting group at our local library and we do a lot of charity stitching so that has kept me busy as well.

I am hoping that 2024 will see me doing a lot more consistent blogging.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Sherry

Comments

  1. Welcome back to blogging. I look forward to seeing how your 350 block project goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh my, where has the time gone?

Welcome to my blog